- Follow us on Twitter!
- outdated development blog, we stick to Twitter for updates these days
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A lot of delays in development updates while refactoring major parts of the game. In current build:
- Player Movement! this is HUGE. Originally there were no plans for animated player movement and instead was going to be all text/terminal based. Check out our twitter posts for videos of walking around a mocked up space station!
- Public transportation - added this back in. As you walk around the space station, you can now interact with the ticket terminal to travel to another stellar system.
- Goods and Stock Markets - working to add these features back in. The major rewrite changed the way in which panels are loaded and require some tweaking.
- finishing up some website coordination with this wiki
- reload resources, added new classification: rare-paranormal
- code refactor for stock market terminal
- navigation of the QUOTRON terminal established in the main class file
- ASCII art finalized for QUOTRON start screen
- server methods setup for basic stock market actions
- selection of broker setup, but only for testing, lacks acceptance and broker info screen
- cron design for market downtime
- created the data model for the stock market
- populated the stock market companies
- created the initial tickers for 5 years of market activity
- finished the panel for trading stocks
- finished the framework for handling keyboard shortcuts in the stock interface
designed the following concepts:
- general goods trade
- player run banks
- player run brokerage houses
- in-game email
- currency markets
- black market trade
- completed raw material data model and application to populate initial test set
- built controls to let players travel via public transportation
- included controls that allow players to use a galaxy atlas to see the systems in the galaxy
- completed the game clock code. The game officially started on 1/1/1967. I hope the full release happens, in game time, on July 16, 1969.
- began populating the databases with raw materials
- set the attributes for raw materials
- set the classifications for raw materials
- created the application for generating the randomized materials
- applied the new game panel system to the main controls
- added new security to the game server API
- received permission to use the trademarks for "digital electronics corporation" in the game.
- redesigned the layout of the game screen
- removed the last of the "Star Trek" style screens
- set a color palette for all ROM panels
- designed all ROM panels to be fictional PDP panels largely based on KL-10 and PDP 8-12.
- took a break
- bought new computer
- created the task list for planet population
- set direction of the starting game
- began naming the initial set of planets
- connecting new game panels to game engine
- connecting variables for use in player terminal
- rewriting the travel engine for the new engine sequence written in April
- created 4 primary panels for controlling the power grid, stellar engines and the mini-bridge control panel.
- dropped all LCARS (Star Trek) inspired artwork from previous panels
- changed stellar engine start sequence
- made the "normal" ship speed faster
- increased size of solar system from 500k units to 4mil units
- set average time to cross a solar system to 40 minutes
- completed icons for website and in-game branding for Monk James
- finalized the storyline presented in pieces on the blog
- created a bare bone website
- finalize the basic storyline, hippies take over the earth
- decided to use Monk James in the storyline
- proved many concepts in code for space travel
- established critical path for alpha build